Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

WANTED my old ps3 slim

May 14 at 11:05:22 AM
b0sc0 (0)

< Bandicoot >
Looking for my first ps3 slim. I can't remember if I sold it at a gamestop or on ebay around 2 years ago (give or take a couple months) and I can't seem to find the transaction history or receipts for either. I kept the box so I know the serial number.

Serial #: CG818303195
It's a 160gb slim, charcoal black

It has sentimental value to me and I'm kicking myself lately for selling it. 

I would be willing to pay up to $200, including shipping costs, depending on condition, if anyone has it or comes across it in their searches. 

I really appreciate any help tracking it down.

thanks

May 14 at 3:25:10 PM
Silverspoon (33)
(Justin Steimer) < Team Buddy >
Nebraska
Are you serious or just trolling?

What state did you trade it in to?

May 14 at 10:50:42 PM
b0sc0 (0)

< Bandicoot >
Not a troll. I don't even see how it would be a good joke. I'm very serious. If it was traded in at my gamestop, it would've been in south florida, in palm beach county. I know gamestop transfers inventory between stores and their headquarters and warehouse are in texas. So it really could be anywhere at this point I realize. I already asked if they could track it in the system via s/n but the manager said only one department can do it and only for police reports. So I'm reaching out to the collectors community. It's not a collectors model or rare variant console so I would hope that if someone has it, there isn't enough incentive to keep it over selling it back to me.

May 15 at 9:25:28 AM
Silverspoon (33)
(Justin Steimer) < Team Buddy >
Nebraska
Im curious as to why its sentimental. Given to you by a loved one that has passed on?

May 15 at 9:50:30 AM
TDIRunner (15)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
Well, good luck on finding it. When I get time, I'll check my serial number since I have that model PS3 with that particular hard drive, but it would be pretty crazy if it ended up in my part of the country.

If you want any type of actual chance of finding it however, I would be putting this out on multiple sites, not just this one (which unfortunately has pretty low traffic).

-------------------------

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

May 15 at 10:28:04 AM
b0sc0 (0)

< Bandicoot >
Originally posted by: Silverspoon

Im curious as to why its sentimental. Given to you by a loved one that has passed on?
spot on. It's the last Christmas gift I got from my grandmother before she passed away. It sat unplayed for a year before my younger self decided I needed the $100 more than a paperweight. Recently there have been some ps3 games I wanted to go back to and I wouldn't want to buy a different ps3 at this point. It started out with what I thought would simply be going back on ebay and seeing if I could contact the buyer. Then when I couldn't find the transaction in the last three years, I realized I didn't remember if I sold it there, traded it in to gamestop or sold somewhere else. Now it's just a mission of mine to find it if possible because if I do somehow, it will be a great story. 

May 15 at 10:30:24 AM
b0sc0 (0)

< Bandicoot >
Originally posted by: TDIRunner

Well, good luck on finding it. When I get time, I'll check my serial number since I have that model PS3 with that particular hard drive, but it would be pretty crazy if it ended up in my part of the country.

If you want any type of actual chance of finding it however, I would be putting this out on multiple sites, not just this one (which unfortunately has pretty low traffic).

Yeah, I am going to try to find high traffic places but I don't know of too many collectors forums for sony stuff. That's how I even ended up here, google. I have already started the process of messaging every 160gb ps3 slim seller on ebay with my serial number to see if mine is the console they are selling. Surprisingly there have been a high number of people that reply to me with apologies that it doesn't match and wishing me luck in finding it. I can only send so many each day though because ebay limits it, so it will take a while to ask every seller. 

May 19 at 4:07:19 PM
The Gentleman (7)
(Oliver ) < Cloud >
United Kingdom
This is going to be a hell of an uphill struggle, but I wish you luck with it. I'll keep my eyes open when I'm on ebay.

May 19 at 4:22:48 PM
PS1GamerCollector (1)
< Kratos >
Portugal
I know this is not what you wanted to hear but... isn't it better to get the same model that you used to play with rather than looking for your specific console (which is obviously a insane / rather impossible task)?
I just don't want you to get insane by going to several different websites, writing infinite posts, looking into different places, etc for just for such small detail.
I know that one specific console is important to every gamer (i still have my very first PS1 model) but since you already made the mistake of selling it, enjoy the nostalgia of games  

Jun 25 at 1:06:36 AM
JCE3000GT (4)
(J E) < Kratos >
Texas
Originally posted by: b0sc0

Originally posted by: Silverspoon

spot on. It's the last Christmas gift I got from my grandmother before she passed away. It sat unplayed for a year before my younger self decided I needed the $100 more than a paperweight. Recently there have been some ps3 games I wanted to go back to and I wouldn't want to buy a different ps3 at this point. It started out with what I thought would simply be going back on ebay and seeing if I could contact the buyer. Then when I couldn't find the transaction in the last three years, I realized I didn't remember if I sold it there, traded it in to gamestop or sold somewhere else. Now it's just a mission of mine to find it if possible because if I do somehow, it will be a great story. 

Good luck to you, I hope you find it.  I have numerous gaming items that fall in to this category that I really wished I had back instead of the money.     Don't listen to any negative nancies in here or elsewhere.  Don't give up trying.  Maybe post on social media and youtube or something?

-------------------------

Edited: 06/25/2018 at 01:07 AM by JCE3000GT