Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Hey! It's The pocket gamer from H-Town yo Yeah. I am getto

Mar 16 at 2:31:17 AM
The Pocket Gamer (0)
< Bandicoot >
Hello everyone. I am The Pocket Gamer. People call me pocket because I always have a portable gaming device (or the PSP Go) on me at all times even when I am at work. I only play during break times, so don't think I am some kind of slacker!! It seems that everyone around me forgot about the psp. It's sad because I remember the times where the PSP was new and was the topic of the world everywhere I went. I miss playing the PSP with my friends and I still have fond memories of girls dumping me for playing the PSP with my PSP friends. I wish the PSP was still the talk of the world, but now it seems to be forgotten. It's understandable because of the new systems coming out and everything..... but the PSP is better than all of them still. I joined this forum to talk about the psp and possibly ps4 (maybe when shenmue 3 comes out). I want to find people that love the psp as much as I do!!! 

I do have a YouTube Channel, but I do not run it 100% because my little brother took charge; however, I do post videos here and there. His videos are pretty cool. He talks about video games, wrestling, music, and anything really.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/U...

Mar 16 at 4:22:05 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Oh a Shenmue 3 supporter! I backed up that kick-starter and ,oak forward to it when it first ally comes out - I can't see it meeting the 2017 expected date.

I have fond memories on brining my PSP to college and thrashing people on Tekken Dark Resurrection  

What sort of games are you Into, do you only play portable games or do you have any home consoles?

Hope you enjoy being part of the community.

-------------------------

Playstation Collecting's Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...

Mar 16 at 5:37:24 PM
The Pocket Gamer (0)
< Bandicoot >
Thanks for the welcoming here. I have never been in a forum before.

Edited: 03/16/2017 at 05:41 PM by The Pocket Gamer

Mar 16 at 5:39:15 PM
The Pocket Gamer (0)
< Bandicoot >
Yes I cannot wait for shenmue 3. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they extend the release date another year for the game. As long as it gets a release, I am happy. 

OH MY GOD man that is crazy!! I had a similar memory with Tekken 5. When I was in high school I destroyed people at Tekken Dark Resurrection on PSP as well. Haha. I would play that game during class, during lunch, and on the bus. Nobody could beat me until my senior year in high school. Some 9th grader named Dany Goku beat me. He's still my friend and he still kicks my butt at fighting games, but I could beat him at street fighter games.

As you may know, I love fighting games. I also like RPG games like final fantasy, kingdom hearts, and Ys. I used to have a ps3 and an xbox 360, but they all broke. The games that I did play on consoles were metal gear solid 4, part of the 5th metal gear, and Blazblue. I couldn't play as much new games as I would like because the systems just broke. I also love the wii, gaamecube, dreamcast, ps1, NeoGeo and N64. I still play a lot of those systems today, but not as often as I used to because I could never stay put in one place. That is why portable gaming is my thing. With my psp, I could play not only the great PSP games but I could play game boy games, neo geo, neo geo pocket games, sega genesis, nintendo, and many more games on there. I also have a 3ds, but the PSP is what I still play.

Mar 16 at 5:46:59 PM
hammerfestus (7)
< Kratos >
Ohio
welcome guy.

Mar 16 at 5:51:18 PM
Mega Tank (129)

< Bandicoot >
United States
Hello! Welcome to PSA!  

Is that right?  

FS/FT/FO Garage Sale Here: Click This.
Currently Running a Logo Contest! Yes there is something to win! :  Click me. You know you want to.

Mar 16 at 6:00:48 PM
The Pocket Gamer (0)
< Bandicoot >
Thank you! I love it here!

Mar 16 at 6:03:47 PM
The Pocket Gamer (0)
< Bandicoot >
THanks for the welcome! Everyone seems cool!!

Mar 17 at 8:23:19 PM
Silverspoon (31)
(Justin Steimer) < Team Buddy >
Nebraska
Welcome to the forums.

twitch.tv/silverspoongaming

Mar 19 at 3:18:23 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: The Pocket Gamer

Yes I cannot wait for shenmue 3. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they extend the release date another year for the game. As long as it gets a release, I am happy. 

OH MY GOD man that is crazy!! I had a similar memory with Tekken 5. When I was in high school I destroyed people at Tekken Dark Resurrection on PSP as well. Haha. I would play that game during class, during lunch, and on the bus. Nobody could beat me until my senior year in high school. Some 9th grader named Dany Goku beat me. He's still my friend and he still kicks my butt at fighting games, but I could beat him at street fighter games.

As you may know, I love fighting games. I also like RPG games like final fantasy, kingdom hearts, and Ys. I used to have a ps3 and an xbox 360, but they all broke. The games that I did play on consoles were metal gear solid 4, part of the 5th metal gear, and Blazblue. I couldn't play as much new games as I would like because the systems just broke. I also love the wii, gaamecube, dreamcast, ps1, NeoGeo and N64. I still play a lot of those systems today, but not as often as I used to because I could never stay put in one place. That is why portable gaming is my thing. With my psp, I could play not only the great PSP games but I could play game boy games, neo geo, neo geo pocket games, sega genesis, nintendo, and many more games on there. I also have a 3ds, but the PSP is what I still play.
Oh Tekken is my main fighter, I've played others but I'm. It nearly as good on Street Fighter or Dead or Alive. Considering what we have seen in development so far for Shenmue 3 it is going to be delayed, the good news is that it is looking very likely we will be getting a Shenmue 1&2 HD remaster this year instead  

i share are your problems on PS3s, the original model was very temperamental, but I have never had a problem with the PS3 Slim, which I believe is the best PS3 model to get by far - Super Slims look to flimsy to me. What are your thoughts on the Vita?

Mar 19 at 2:42:02 PM
The Pocket Gamer (0)
< Bandicoot >
Originally posted by: Vivi-gamer

Oh Tekken is my main fighter, I've played others but I'm. It nearly as good on Street Fighter or Dead or Alive. Considering what we have seen in development so far for Shenmue 3 it is going to be delayed, the good news is that it is looking very likely we will be getting a Shenmue 1&2 HD remaster this year instead  

i share are your problems on PS3s, the original model was very temperamental, but I have never had a problem with the PS3 Slim, which I believe is the best PS3 model to get by far - Super Slims look to flimsy to me. What are your thoughts on the Vita?

The vita is an amazing system, but there are very few games that I think would keep me playing. The only game that I really want on there is Final Fantasy X, but I already have it on the Ps2 and the rearranged soundtrack on the vita and ps3 version are good, but I prefer the Ps2's original tracks. Maybe if there was an option to keep the original tracks on there, I would get it without question. It's like when I bought my 3ds. It is a great system, but there are very few games that I play on there. Pokemon X was cool, but after my 11 hours of fun, I sold it because I never played it again after I caught Zapdos. I still play Smash Bros on there though which is why I bought the 3ds all together. Oh!! and Fire Emblem Awakening was good as well. I took a gamble playing/buying that game because I am not really into tactic games, but the story in that one was intense and remains one of the best portable games that I have ever played.

I was going to get a ps3 slim, but I am deciding to save up some money for a ps4. Haha! I didn't even know there was a ps3 super slim!! I still have my ps3 games around and it will be a waste if I don't get a system that plays the games that I have bought.

Mar 21 at 9:33:31 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
A portable Final Fantasy X is very appealing, yet I just prefer having the PS4 version   Not sure about the Vita version but the PS4 Version has the original soundtrack put into the game, this was something which really bothered me about the PS3 Remaster as I don't think the new soudntrack was very good...

I have a 3DS but haven't played on it, not even Dragon Quest VIII which I did plan to start, I'm terrible with portables, but this year I have just been so busy with the bombardment of PS4 releases, I already have a PS4 backog to playthrough haha  

Apr 01 at 6:48:59 PM
HotFuzz (10)
(UMD Collector) < Atom Child >
United Kingdom
Hi there, Welcome to the forum. Ever want to chat about psp or play the psp online give me a shout. You would need a PS3 for this though as it"s still possible to use adhoc party to act as a server to play multiplayer games on the psp. Stuff like monster hunter, Gran Turismo and Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker. The psp is still a great system after 12 year of time passing and I miss the social side of the games I used to play alot. I had many gaming friends back then. Fighting games and shooters and racing gsmes are my favourites on psp and I like a nice RPG/JRPG too. These days it"s just me and my psp"s. Enjoy your time here.

Take care
HF

My Sony Playstation Collection UMD Games-415 UMD Video's-553 PSP Systems-14
PS Vita Games-154 PS Vita Systems-3-Playstation 4 system & 4 games

Edited: 04/02/2017 at 07:50 AM by HotFuzz

Apr 03 at 1:20:02 PM
MeteorBear (0)

< Bandicoot >
Hey I grew up in the Houston area. What part of town are you from?