Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Final Fantasy XIII - Did anyone else really like this game ??

Nov 05 at 10:50:05 PM
hismaimai9999 (0)

< Bandicoot >
Alabama
Hi I'm a long time final fantasy fan and have just completed XIII (after three attemps). Now I know alot of people didn't enjoy this game for various reasons, battle system, linearity etc. but I have to admit, I kind of fell in love with it upon completion. It's sort of like a guilty pleasure knowing just how many people that would annoy and I want to know if FF XIII is anyone elses *guilty pleasure so to speak, if so why, and if not, why again ?

-------------------------
Công ty rut ham cau quan go vap giá rẻ dịch vụ rút hầm cầu quận gò vấp uy tín

Edited: 11/06/2018 at 01:50 AM by PlayStationAge Moderator

Nov 06 at 1:50:16 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Hi Alex,

I am also within the minority that really enjoyed Final Fantasy XIII. Having been immensely disappointed by Final Fantasy XII (Mostly due to the lack of character and story and focus on political intrigue and huge landscapes.) I was hoping Final Fantasy XIII would deliver what I wanted from a Final Fantasy game - A grande sense of an adventure, and it did!

Honestly, playing it at launch, I didn't even notice the linearity of the game, I was just so happy to see that the game had a story which progressed at a much better pace than the game before it. I think the moment that really confirmed my love for it was the moment where Hope confronts Snow in Palumporum. Even after expressing his hate Snow reacts to save Hope which was very touching - Moments like this simply were not present in XII. After that I was very taken with the cast and happy to see their venture through.

I also really liked the battle system, I think everyone who flagged the 'Auto-Battle' feature missed the point of it. It wasn't about specific commands it was about managing the right Roles for the right timing. This honestly kept my mind more active than many previous FF's where in normal encounters Attack would be enough to get through - My mind would be on auto-Pilot and know exactly what to do but with XIII I would have to pay great attention to the way the battle is heading and turn my battles roles depending on what I felt was upcoming next.

Have you played XIII-2? If not I highly recommend so! it brought some welcome changes and best of all a noteworthy antagonist!

We also have a page dedicated to Final Fantasy collecting here  :
http://playstationage.com/forum/m...

-------------------------

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]