Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Your Latest Playstation Related Purchase

Apr 09 at 3:47:14 PM
Sword Dude (0)
< Chrono Crosser >
Netherlands
Originally posted by: TDIRunner

The AES WAS a home console, and it was part of the same generation as the SNES.  Besides, even if you ignore it, it was debatable that the SNES was more powerful than the Genesis (even without the add-ons).

And even if the PS3 sold 1 less unit than the Wii, it still wouldn't be the best selling console in its generation, so again, it still applies.

Aes doesn't really count in my book so snes for sure. Aes from the very beginning was only for some hard core who would want to have the arcade at home. All other consoles tried to get the main audience aes was just for the fans who wanted to play the arcade at all times never planned for mass production made with arcade hardware unlike the other cosnoles made to be affordable and for the bigger market.

Made a mistake with ps3 wich I already altered shortly after. the wii doesn't really fit in that generation but it is what it is.

Still though Nes was the most powerfull console in It's generation.

-------------------------

Your Stylish Sword Master!

http://vgcollect.com/sworddude...

Apr 09 at 3:55:02 PM
TDIRunner (14)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
Well sure, if you ignore a bunch of consoles because you think they "don't count," then you can make the results look like whatever you want.

NES is another debatable one considering the Master System had better graphics and colors along with better tech like the light phaser.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Apr 09 at 4:36:15 PM
Sword Dude (0)
< Chrono Crosser >
Netherlands

Well sure, if you ignore a bunch of consoles because you think they "don't count," then you can make the results look like whatever you want.

NES is another debatable one considering the Master System had better graphics and colors along with better tech like the light phaser.
I'm pretty sure the Nes was more pricy than the master system not to mention that the sounds in the nes were superior. Master system sounds are pretty crappy. Argubally the nes could be more powerfull thanks to that alone besides that the grapics on master system weren't that much better in comparison since way less games have been made for the system for clear results.

I'm only ignoring the aes since the producers only made it for a very niche market not really meant to be a home console more like for a man with a hardcore hobby, that's one single console not to mention same hardware as an snk arcade machine wich is the reason why ot was so expensive even the games were more expensive a piece than a system + multiple games.

Still though I only said that silent hill on wii has superior grapics because the ps2 was twice as weak as a gamecube no arguments about superior consols being succesfull in sales 

Edited: 04/09/2018 at 04:37 PM by Sword Dude

Apr 09 at 4:49:33 PM
TDIRunner (14)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
Well, that's certainly the first time I've ever heard someone argue that a console is more powerful because it costs more. I guess the 3DO must kick the ass of the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. Yes, the NES has superior sounds (if you ignore the SMS FM sound), but that's why I said it's debatable. It's very difficult to argue that the NES was clearly more powerful than anything else in the generation. It might win a few stats, but side by side, it's hard to argue that it beats the Master System on paper.

I only brought it up because you said it was hard to believe that the PS2 wasn't the most powerful console of it's generation. It's easy to believe when you look at the history of the best selling consoles.

And again, the AES was designed to be a home console, because that's exactly what it is. It's a home console of the MVS arcade system. It doesn't matter how niche the market was. It's still a home console. It's a video game console for your home.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Edited: 04/09/2018 at 04:51 PM by TDIRunner

Apr 09 at 6:15:37 PM
Sword Dude (0)
< Chrono Crosser >
Netherlands

Well, that's certainly the first time I've ever heard someone argue that a console is more powerful because it costs more. I guess the 3DO must kick the ass of the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. Yes, the NES has superior sounds (if you ignore the SMS FM sound), but that's why I said it's debatable. It's very difficult to argue that the NES was clearly more powerful than anything else in the generation. It might win a few stats, but side by side, it's hard to argue that it beats the Master System on paper.

I only brought it up because you said it was hard to believe that the PS2 wasn't the most powerful console of it's generation. It's easy to believe when you look at the history of the best selling consoles.

And again, the AES was designed to be a home console, because that's exactly what it is. It's a home console of the MVS arcade system. It doesn't matter how niche the market was. It's still a home console. It's a video game console for your home.

The ps2 had games such as GTA you would expect a console to be pretty powefull to run such a large game. It turns out they had to be very creative to create a game like GTA on the ps2 since it had it's limitations.

Xbox was a monster I knew that but I didn't think that ps2 would be so weak in comparison. Would have thought it to be comparable to xbox especially for the more realistic games wich would prefer more powerfull hardware has nothing to do with console sales or a console being succesfull. yet it is 4 times as weak as an xbox and twice as weak as gamecube. COnsidering the kind of games it's used for you would expect something stronger.

Neo geo eas is btw not only for price but also that the company would make a very small supply for a very small market was never meant to compete with the likes of sega or nintendo unlike pretty much all other consoles who at least  try to conquer the market. A pretty clear difference compared to other home consoles

Edited: 04/09/2018 at 06:18 PM by Sword Dude

Apr 09 at 6:25:22 PM
TDIRunner (14)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
Different - yes
Not meant to complete with Sega & Nintendo - yes
Lower supply - yes

But it's still a home console. Taking a system that was not meant for the home (MVS) and redesigning it to be sold and used in one's home (AES), is the very definition of a home console.

I agree with everything else you said there.

Edited: 04/10/2018 at 09:12 AM by TDIRunner

Apr 10 at 11:12:28 AM
hammerfestus (7)
< Kratos >
Ohio
The newest addition

Apr 10 at 5:18:07 PM
waflznsyrup (0)
< Kratos >
California
Originally posted by: hammerfestus

The newest addition

is this like twisted metal?

Apr 10 at 6:13:28 PM
hammerfestus (7)
< Kratos >
Ohio
Originally posted by: waflznsyrup

Originally posted by: hammerfestus

The newest addition

is this like twisted metal?

Supposedly it's more based around missions and completing tasks than blowing everything up.  It is a part of that PS1 obsession of strapping weapons on to cars though.  Haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Apr 15 at 6:40:09 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Lastest gatherings:

Some common PS2 titles, GTAs and Destory All Humans 2 - Which went on sale on the PS4 so that's already in the back-up box  

I found a decent price for Spyro on PS3, so pounced on it, I've already ordered the 2nd title on PS2 in the trilogy so just praying it's in decent nic'. The other PS3 title is a weird one, it's sort of like Katamari but you control a superheroes Tornado as you casue havoc around getting bigger and BIGGER, I did get it used but it turned up sealed... so not sure on playing that yet  

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]
Support Shenmue III's KickStarter!: https://shenmue.link/order/?en

Edited: 04/15/2018 at 06:40 AM by Vivi-gamer

Apr 15 at 9:51:46 AM
Nazasu (0)
< Bandicoot >
Montana
Recently picked up Xenosaga Episode 3, now I have the full Xenosaga set. 

Apr 15 at 10:01:36 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
God I wish we had a UK equivalent to that, A Xenosaga HD Remaster would be the next big one I'd want after Shenmue, but can't have everything I guess  

BTW do you re-seal your games? I've always been in the habit of slipping light covers over mine.

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]

Apr 15 at 10:14:34 AM
Nazasu (0)
< Bandicoot >
Montana
I don't re-seal my games. I have these plastic box cases I purchased through Retroprotection.com that I use on select personal favorites and things of value.

Apr 16 at 3:33:01 PM
motordead (0)
< Kratos >
Portugal

Finally got a PS4 Controller 20th Anniversary Edition. Here, next to my SCPH-1150.

PlayStation PAL Completionist - SEGA Mega Drive & Saturn Collector
Proud player of NES, SNES, SEGA Mega Drive, SEGA Saturn, SONY PlayStation, Nintendo 64, SEGA Dreamcast, SONY PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube

Always on the lookout for: Press Kits, Limited Editions, Rare CIB Hardware, Store Promo Items - Up for trades! Send PM

Edited: 04/16/2018 at 03:34 PM by motordead

Apr 17 at 10:34:52 PM
Nazasu (0)
< Bandicoot >
Montana
I expect people to post similar stuff, but heres my Yakuza 6 After Hours Premium Edition and Essence of Art Edition I just picked up!

Apr 18 at 2:48:37 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom

@ Nazasu - Yep, right on board with you, I didn't get the Premium Edition, but was sure up for getting it Day One - I can't even play this yet as I am still waiting for Kiwami 2 to play through the series in HD but I wanted to make sure I have a copy for when the time comes + This series just needs more attention and I respect how SEGA has tried to make it more accessible in the last few years.

Edited: 04/18/2018 at 02:49 AM by Vivi-gamer

Apr 18 at 2:35:57 PM
waflznsyrup (0)
< Kratos >
California
Originally posted by: motordead

Finally got a PS4 Controller 20th Anniversary Edition. Here, next to my SCPH-1150.

Very nice! Love the scph-1150, the extended palm grips feel great in your hands and this is proof that PlayStation did concave analog sticks before xbox lol. I always make this argument to my friends lol

Edited: 04/18/2018 at 02:36 PM by waflznsyrup

Apr 18 at 3:10:25 PM
Nazasu (0)
< Bandicoot >
Montana
Originally posted by: Vivi-gamer

@ Nazasu - Yep, right on board with you, I didn't get the Premium Edition, but was sure up for getting it Day One - I can't even play this yet as I am still waiting for Kiwami 2 to play through the series in HD but I wanted to make sure I have a copy for when the time comes + This series just needs more attention and I respect how SEGA has tried to make it more accessible in the last few years.

Right? Sega has been making all the right moves lately! They're truly doing justice for their fans for the most part. Maybe besides Sonic, but everything else has been on point for them as of late.

Apr 18 at 7:48:52 PM
motordead (0)
< Kratos >
Portugal
Originally posted by: waflznsyrup

Very nice! Love the scph-1150, the extended palm grips feel great in your hands and this is proof that PlayStation did concave analog sticks before xbox lol. I always make this argument to my friends lol

Without a doubt, my favorite controller of all time. Perfect fit for me, and I really like the look of it.

PlayStation PAL Completionist - SEGA Mega Drive & Saturn Collector
Proud player of NES, SNES, SEGA Mega Drive, SEGA Saturn, SONY PlayStation, Nintendo 64, SEGA Dreamcast, SONY PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube

Always on the lookout for: Press Kits, Limited Editions, Rare CIB Hardware, Store Promo Items - Up for trades! Send PM

Apr 22 at 5:20:42 AM
Slim Jim (0)

< Bandicoot >
Western Australia
All things considered, I'm not overwhelmed with the additions since last update...  Got the must haves, but had to pay full whack for them, as they were never going to last to a price drop, not in this country anyway.  Only deals were the collectors edition of phantom pain - which had a drastic drop in price to 77 AUD.

Anyway, this takes my ps4 count to 20, and the 4 collectors editions takes me to a total of  41.  Kinda interestingly the 4 ps4 games purchased new as part of a buy 2 for 20 dollars deal from EBGames  takes my ps4 game count (excluding CEs and games that come with the SE Ps4s)  to, well erm 4...  Had to get defenders  of  Ekron from play-Asia as it looks great.

my only big win, and again this win is probably an Australia win, I got in on the CE for spiderman.  From what I have read Australia got a very small allocation of them, it lasted about 7 hours on preorder before selling out, EBGames have oversold and mailing people with apologies...  So far it looks like I am set to get a copy.

Apr 23 at 7:08:38 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Some decent Pick-ups:

Gave into the God of War, even though I said I would after them reviews I was curious   Intend to start today after I beat Star Ocean: The Second Story at 5am this morning.... - An experiernce which overall I was mixed about.
Also thrilled to have YS6, got it for a decent price and Mint.

Edited: 04/23/2018 at 07:09 AM by Vivi-gamer

Apr 24 at 12:34:47 PM
Tripredacus (0)
< Bandicoot >
Backyard Baseball 09 for PS2 from Ebay
BoomBots from thrift, when I got home I saw there was 2 discs in the jewel case and the other happened to be X-Men Children of the Atom!