Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Digi-Cube's Visual Arts Collection (Art Books) I need help finding them all!

Oct 27, 2013 at 8:27:24 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have been notorious for saying I am gamer over a collector on this site... however I have a little urge building up after seeing some items recently.

I am a huge Squaresoft fan, Final Fantasy back then stood for everything I adore about gaming, I even studied art for a while from being inspired from the art direction in the games. I've always wanted to have some Final Fantasy art books ever since I was little and now thanks to the internet this is more achievable.

It seems the company Digi-Cube were involve in Squaresoft merchandise back in the early 2000's, I already have a few Final Fantasy soundtracks from them. But what really interested me is the Visual Arts Collection.

I have one of them, Final Fantasy X-2 and having seeing it in person I just love the build of these hardback beauties. I always knew there was one for Final Fantasy X & Final Fantasy IX, but having looked a little more into it today, I was shocked to find even more. Here is what I have found so far:

Final Fantasy IX Visual Arts Collection:

Final Fantasy X Visual Arts Collection:

Final Fantasy X-2 Visual Arts Collection:

Kingdom Hearts Visual Arts Collection:

The Bouncer Visual Arts Collection:

Found another one - Don't care for the game much but still:
Unlimited Saga Visual Arts Collection:

I had no idea about The Bouncer's book, a great little Streets of Rage game release in the early PS2 days. I'm curious to know if there are any more! These books are really lovely and if I can find them for a decent price I think I will make a collection of them So if anyone knows anything on these series of books please post and let me know.

-------------------------

Playstation Collecting's Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...

Edited: 11/16/2015 at 05:29 PM by Vivi-gamer

Nov 14, 2013 at 4:37:10 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Well, some of my Digi-cube books arrived yesterday

The Bouncer Visual Arts Collection:

A great book, it has a lot of artwork I previously have not seen. The Bouncer was given Medicore reviews, but it has always had a place in my heart. It's short but a very decent take on the old Streets or Rage formula, but put into 3D with a typical Squaresoft story to back it up. I reckon this game would be remembered far more if the story mode had a co-op option.

CGI Artwork:

Character Profiles:

Tetsuya Nomura Artwork (Which is brief unfortunately):

In-game Screenshots:

Logo Designs:

The book is good, but I do wish it covered less pages on screenshots. I'm very pleased with it however

Final Fantasy X Visual Arts Collection:

Final Fantasy X-2 Visual Arts Collection:

The Kingdom Hearts one seems to be be the rarest of the bunch, but it looks to also offer the most artwork too, I would loveto get my paws on it soon along with the Final Fantasy IX one. I don't cae much for Unlimted Saga... but if I get he rest I may go for it.

Edited: 11/14/2013 at 04:41 AM by Vivi-gamer

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:13:43 AM
Squintdogg (0)
(Lachlan Jackett) < Bandicoot >
Australian Capital Territory
Awesome finds/Collection. Some of the art books produced are of awesome quality (and offer interesting insight too). Happy hunting!

Nov 23, 2013 at 3:59:58 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Thanks, I have another one on the way currently and will share it as soon as it arrives

Oh also, someone sold a copy of The Bouncer book on eBay - a UK seller and it was dirt cheap, cost me £8 overall - It lacks a sleeve but I will use this one for reference and keep my other one protected

Dec 6, 2013 at 9:48:35 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
New Content Alert!

Final Fantasy IX Visual Arts Collection:

This is actually a really nice book with a few little surprises, it has a lot of the same content from 'The Sky' & 'The Art of Final Fantasy IX' yet it has some character portraits that fill the page this time, which are lovely:

Beatrix:

Freya:

What is also nice is a few pages dedicated to the CG renderings of the airships - There were plenty of varieties in IX and it is great to see them in more detail:

Airships:

Snagged this puppy for only £13, which I am ever so pleased about. I really want the Kingdom Hearts one too, if I ever see it for below £20 I'll be sure to go for it.

Edited: 12/06/2013 at 09:51 AM by Vivi-gamer

Nov 16, 2015 at 5:03:09 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
A new arrival :

Kingdom Hearts Visual Arts Collection:

I paid a little over £20 but I am still very glad to have it, like the previous books it features a range of CGI & promotional art. It also features much art on the monsters & even includes Final Mix content which I wasn't expecting.

Favourite Image:

There is still the Unlimited Saga book... but I really don't care for the game, so I think I'll pass on that as it is £40+ But I am very fond of these books and glad to have them.

Edited: 11/18/2015 at 10:47 AM by Vivi-gamer

Jun 4, 2016 at 1:10:00 AM
Tim81DE (2)
(Tim ) < Chrono Crosser >
Alabama
So are 9, 10, and 10-2 the only ones that got these books? I see different digicube books for 7, 8, and 9 on ebay all the time, but they look more like a novel rather than a wide paged art book.

Jun 8, 2016 at 7:25:13 AM
xMaGuSx (48)
(the black wind howls ) < Kratos >
Massachusetts
Wow i am in love with these. I need to check these out for sure.

If this hobby is stressing you out, or you are not enjoying yourself anymore. It might be time to change hobbies, or at least take a step back. A hobby is supposed to bring you joy, not grey hairs! :p 

Jun 8, 2016 at 7:53:18 AM
PS1GamerCollector (1)
< Kratos >
Portugal
Amazing artwork quality! Not that im a fan of RPG games but damn mate, that is some beautiful material that gives more shining to your collection, no doubt about it.
That's the reward of not just buying games but also art books and other amazing collecting items. Gives a more charming touch to any collection.
When i get the necessary budget i will definitely extend my PS1 guidebooks collection.