Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Vivi-Gamers Collection Thread Warning Will contain LOTS of pictures!

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:51:16 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Hello,

Well I went through my entire Playstation collection today, which compared to a lot of people on here is not that epic, but it is compact and full of title I love. I have decided to make this thread to make a year comparison, so in Jan 2015 I will check back and compare the full roster - I will be updating with purchases as I go along of course

PS1:

PS2:

PSP:

PS3:

The reason I have put a Manual or Tomb Raider down is because I have the reboot but a friend is borrowing it. As for the PS2 version of Tekken Tag, I have a Promo version of Tekken Hybrid, which has a HD version of Tekken Tag 1 - One of my favourite games, love it.

PLAYSTATION 3 Special Editions:

I don't really go after these much, if they're the same price or have a full a4 artbook like the MGS HD Collection maybe, Oh and:

Angry that Europe is not getting a Special Edition of Lighting Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, not only is the name crap, it ruins the collection of the previous 2 aswell. Also The US special editions were much better for both XIII games.

Now, if you have been paying attention to them images, you may notice that certain titles are missing... here comes the sad part of the tale ladies and genetleman. I have bought quite a few games pre-owned and while that is fine for PS3 games, sadly PS1 & PS2 games would suffer from disasterous scratches, many I have bought online and recieve in shocking condition, so here are some of the causalities of my collection:

PS1 Casualties:

PS2 Casualties:

Some there aren't too bad and I am hoping to get buffered if I can find a store in down that will let me do it. Games like Spyro, Hogs of War and Medievil are beginning to get expensive, so I will tyr my best with them, but other games are still cheap so I think I will replace them

And there you have it, I will be updating the list as I go through out the year, but I look forward to 2015 where I can look back and compare

-------------------------

Playstation Collecting's Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...

Edited: 01/30/2014 at 10:56 AM by Vivi-gamer

Jan 30, 2014 at 11:21:55 AM
Beliskner (1)
< Kratos >
Germany
Definitely a respectable collection. You're on a good way for sure

Looking for a copy of Sega Rally on the N-Gage

Playstation 3 Collection: 999/1???
Philips Videopac Collection: 67/69
Nintendo 64 European (not PAL!) Collection: C 239/239 - I 126/239 - B 94/239
Sega Master System PAL Collection (CB): 166/269
Sega Dreamcast PAL Collection: 52/216

Jan 30, 2014 at 11:24:59 AM
HotFuzz (10)
(UMD Collector) < Atom Child >
United Kingdom
Nice Collection! Looks great.

My Sony Playstation Collection UMD Games-418 UMD Video's-549 PSP Systems-12
PS Vita Games-122 PS Vita Systems-3-Playstation 4 system & 4 games

Jan 30, 2014 at 4:01:41 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Thanks I'm actually going into town tomorrow so I am going to ask around and see if I can get some of them casualties fixed

Jan 30, 2014 at 5:44:18 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
Paul F (10)
(PlayStation 2 ) < Tron Bonne >
England
I have a great condition gta San Andreas spare, happy to swap for anything ps2?

Collection looks great! Lot's of quality!

Come visit www.playstationage.com -  your Nintendo Age username and password will let you in

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:38:13 PM
xstoneknightx (11)
< Gran Tourist >
Puerto Rico
Vivid check the square enix website, they have lighting return collection that comes with a clock
Art book and I think soundtrack for 100

Also pretty good collection, love to see those RPG pal games that have different art covers and also names that I even know that has been named in that way ( dark cloud 2= dark chronicles)

My games sales thread: http://playstationcollecting.com/...

If you want do trades, buy or sales games from 90's era (ps1, sega saturn, gamecube, etc) send me pm. 

Edited: 01/30/2014 at 09:38 PM by xstoneknightx

Jan 31, 2014 at 4:01:04 AM
GameTrigger (5)
< Chrono Crosser >
Estonia
Originally posted by: xstoneknightx

Vivid check the square enix website, they have lighting return collection that comes with a clock
Art book and I think soundtrack for 100
It's SE US store only - nothing in Europe

FS/FT: Final Fantasy VIII promo (PS1; PAL)
WTB: Final Fantasy items

Jan 31, 2014 at 5:28:21 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Yup here in Europe we don't even get the PlayStation LR:FFXIII Avatars Also the US are getting a Blu-ray disc with the FFX/x-2 HD Special Edition which has the entire re-arranged soundtracks to both games! We get a little art book but that edition has it in even bigger print. S-E have really given Europe the backhand this year.

@Kentgames - Well you can see my entire collection up there, do be aware they're all my games and many I want to keep, but you're welcome to make suggestions but the majority I do intend on keeping so don't be offended if I come across as stubborn

Jan 31, 2014 at 3:52:21 PM
me2cool (0)

< Baby Bandicoot >
New Jersey
Great collection! Are these games you've had throughout time, or did you start collecting more recently?

Feb 1, 2014 at 11:05:51 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
Paul F (10)
(PlayStation 2 ) < Tron Bonne >
England
Originally posted by: Vivi-gamer

Yup here in Europe we don't even get the PlayStation LR:FFXIII Avatars Also the US are getting a Blu-ray disc with the FFX/x-2 HD Special Edition which has the entire re-arranged soundtracks to both games! We get a little art book but that edition has it in even bigger print. S-E have really given Europe the backhand this year.

@Kentgames - Well you can see my entire collection up there, do be aware they're all my games and many I want to keep, but you're welcome to make suggestions but the majority I do intend on keeping so don't be offended if I come across as stubborn
Ha that's fine, I just have quite a few spare GTA's, I pick them up every time I see one at the charity shops for 99p, if you really want one I could just send you a clean disc for free?

Come visit www.playstationage.com -  your Nintendo Age username and password will let you in

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:31:47 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
@ kentgames - If you would be willing to that would be very generous, I have yet to see one around when hunting in town. PM me if you're still up for it

Here are some recent pick-ups:

Air Combat - It was 50p, so I thought I would give it a try.

Croc: Legend of the Gobbo's - One of the game I wanted to replace, only 50p too! Ever so pleased with this.

WWF In Your house - A strange game, I used to like wrestling when younger so I have a soft spot for it. This game is really surreal - It's essentially WWF mixed with Mortal Kombat, wacky fun - shame the seller from online put it in a lousy case, even the inlays are cropped... Still I didnt pay much for it and it's not an essential title.

I have already made a few other purchases I am waiting on I'll be sure to post them when they arrive.

Edited: 02/04/2014 at 10:32 AM by Vivi-gamer

Feb 9, 2014 at 12:00:18 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Quite a few things recently:

I got all of these games for £3.20 each, they all have light scratches but still work - What is annoying is that FF7 & FF8 have the wrong discs, they're the opposite to the case (Black Label/Platinum) which is just annoying, but still happy over all.

Street Fighter X Tekken - £3.50: A good deal, not too into the game though, the special moves sets are over elaborate and it has a whole gem system where you can add stats to you character - just not needed in a fighting game. Also the Tekken players are clearly weakened in comparison to the SF characters, I could barley play as any of them.

Gran Turismo 5 Arcade Edition - £3.99: A decent game, but I am rubbish at it, prefer arcade racers myself.

The Bouncer Piggyback Strategy Guide: Love this game a lot, the guide isn't anything special and it has multiple languages each page so its a bit ugly to look at still for £2.79 I am happy.

Edited: 02/09/2014 at 12:01 PM by Vivi-gamer

Feb 9, 2014 at 12:15:53 PM
Beliskner (1)
< Kratos >
Germany
Nice pick ups. I also prefer the more arcade style racers. On the PS3 Dirt 2, Burnout Paradise, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and the Motorstorm series are some very good games for the system that you should check out

Feb 9, 2014 at 12:23:27 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Thanks for the advice I have played Burnout Paradise, I still prefer Burnout 3: Takedown! for the PS2, the open world structure annoyed me in Paradise but it was still decent What is the best Motorstorm game? Motorstorm: Pacific Rift is the one that seems most interesting to me.

My favourite racers are:
Ridge Racer Type 4 - I wish RR would adapt this arcade style, the latest one was like Burnout...
Crash Team Racing - Not only my favourite racer, but my favourite multiplayer game, playing this 4-player is just so much fun.
& Burnout 3: Takedown! - Just very Diverse in gameplay Options, I love the new Road Rage mode.

Feb 9, 2014 at 12:36:37 PM
Beliskner (1)
< Kratos >
Germany
I agree that Burnout 3 is the best in the series but Paradise was amazing as well . Motorstorm Pacific Rift is actually the best game in the series in my opinion. Great fun and the soundtrack might be the best unoriginal one on the system. So the best soundtrack that uses songs that weren't made for the game . Highlights there include Sulfur by Slipknot, Sleepwalker by Megadeth, Queen Bitch by David Bowie, Tarantula by Pendelum and others. They just fit perfectly with the hardcore racing.
It's a very difficult game by the way

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:22:27 AM
Tim81DE (2)
(Tim ) < Chrono Crosser >
Alabama
I find that CE often get one or the other in regions and it's dumb. Despite the figure looking like rubbish, Bravely Defaults EU collector's edition was worlds apart form the US. Not only with the figure, but the hardbound art book.

With that said, I'm not completely excited for Lightning Returns CE. I would have preferred a OST over the watch. The FF X|X-2 CE I am excited for though. I'll be picking it and the limited edition up.

Feb 12, 2014 at 7:18:42 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Still I did see that the Piggyback Hardback guide has some art in the back, so I am happy now

A minor purchase, but I am happy about it:

I haven't played this Spyro, but I have heard average things. Still, I thought I would get it now before it sky rockets in price, the PS1 Spyro's are around £20 now... the PS2 Crash games have already began to rise.

Only a few days until something much bigger though

Edited: 02/12/2014 at 07:18 AM by Vivi-gamer

Feb 13, 2014 at 8:19:30 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Well something arrived today:

I haven't even got the game yet but I have had a little peak inside, though I am trying to avoid spoilers. One annoying thing is that the delivery got a massive whack on the covers so there is a bit of a dent... cant be bothered to complain about it though, if it was on the spine I think I would have made an issue of it.

This is the book without the slip cover:

It was the same foaming material as the XIII-2 guide, but seems prone to getting finger marks on it.

The guide also comes with a huge poster! I'm not sure what to do with it considering the size :

Also another little note, I managed to get the sticker off the wrapping without harm so I have placed it in the corner of the hardback book.... yes I am that weird when it comes to Final Fantasy

Overall pretty happy, the guide has two ribbons as book marks which was very handy for XIII-2's guide and it even came with a DLC code one for PS3 and one for 360 so if anyone genuinely will be playing this game on the 360 I might be up for giving it away

I'm still so far behind on my replay of Final Fantasy XIII-1... I'm just at the end but still have XIII-2 before I play this. I haven't played XIII-2 since launch so I really need to play through it again and finally see through the Epilogue which was DLC ( I bought it on sale much later and have yet to see it)

Edited: 02/13/2014 at 08:20 AM by Vivi-gamer

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:14:19 AM
Tim81DE (2)
(Tim ) < Chrono Crosser >
Alabama
I just noticed you got the FF14ARR CE! That is simply the best FF CE I've seen. I love the art book and the OST is simply amazing! The whole thing really is a love letter to fans, hoping they'll replace their faith in SQEX to redo FF14 right (which they did).

Also, I've heard different things about the Lightning Returns guide. Some say that everything is unorganized and a pain to try and find something. I guess I'll know soon enough.

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:52:47 AM
GameTrigger (5)
< Chrono Crosser >
Estonia
Vivi-gamer, nice FF CE guide
You have UK/EU version - can you tell me ISBN code?

Feb 14, 2014 at 9:55:53 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
More photos as the other half arrived :

The steelbook is actually nice than it looked on the GAME display pic:

Back:

A comparison with the XIII-2 steelbook:

Inside:

Overall really happy, just completed XIII-1 and now onto replaying XIII-2 before I can start it

@ GameTrigger: Yes it is the european version, though I think the US version is done by Piggyback too this time, the number is:
978-1908172-52-2

Edited: 02/14/2014 at 09:58 AM by Vivi-gamer

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:11:38 PM
GameTrigger (5)
< Chrono Crosser >
Estonia
Thank you!
Like I heard, DLC code is region specific...

Feb 14, 2014 at 6:15:26 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
I heard there was meant to be a free Tomb a Raider costume, I have yet to play the games as I am currently replaying XIII-2, but I have seen nothing of it other than on the PS Store for £3.19... Which isn't happening. I doubt I will use the cloud one either, seems wrong using FFVII content In Another canon FF release. Though apparently if you have a complete save file of XIII or XIII-2 you get Lightning'smain costumes from them games, which I am all for as it fits into the context of the world - does anyone remember the Mass Effect costumes in XIII-2... Oh how dire!

@Tim: yes I have the special edition of Final Fantasy XIV, I mainly got it for the art book which is lovely, I can't actually play the game though as the account has been registered to the specific disc! Mind you, I wouldn't play it anyway due to subscription fees.

as for the guide, I have yet to look at it in depth, but I have quite a few Piggyback guides and I have always found them to be a great value for source, FF9's guide was ruined as they gave you codes for their fresh site in 2001 where you used the codes to get the secrets... The site is gone now making the guide weak. XIII-2s was so handy I had it beside me the whole time and the ribbons to go back and forth really benefited the nature of the game. Sometimes I find it easier to find stuff in the guides than online so they're not just for aesthetic value they're really handy

Edited: 02/14/2014 at 06:24 PM by Vivi-gamer

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:18:28 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Well I have some items from today

Firstly, a generous donation from Kentgames who saw I needed a replacement for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, we talked about it a bit and then he said he had as spare disc to offer and he sent it to me What is even better is that it came with the map and manual - I didn't have the map in my version so now it is complete - Thanks once again Paul

I then went into town and raided the usual stores and found a few interesting items:

Rayman Origins was £3.99 - I loved the original on PS1 & have yet to play this.
The PS2 games ranged from 99P - £1.49 and the Multi-tap & Eye-Toy were 50p each - Interestingly enough the PS2 Eye-toy does in fact work with the PS3... Not sure what I can use it for but good to know. Also, is the PS1 Multi-tap compatible with PS2's I cannot remember?

Edited: 02/21/2014 at 09:24 AM by Vivi-gamer

Feb 21, 2014 at 7:35:07 PM
Dochrohan (10)

< Gran Tourist >
Netherlands
My San Andreas is so damn Scratched it does not work. Sad...I was 1/5th complete then all of a sudden it just wanted to keep freezing every 10-15 minutes so I just stopped.

As for the Multi-tap they seem to be evading me. As for you question, I am 99% sure they do not work for the PS2, you will need to get yourself a PS2 Multi-tap.