Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Which Game Would You Love To Be ReMastered? A discussion on bringing the game back from the Dead!

Aug 21 at 1:28:46 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom

Hi Ladies & Gents,

Today we just got the announcement that the PS1 classic FEAR EFFECT is being... 'ReInvented'. What that means I am still not sure of but I do think this is fantastic news, Fear Effect was a breakthrough in cinematic presentation for consoles back in the day. Instead of having pre-rendered backgrounds they were all rendered and looked wonderful! Sadly when this game is upscaled the backgrounds do look quite nasty with artefacts/blotches in the animation all over the place, so a remaster is a fantastic idea and who knows maybe they could later even make a sequel taking inspiration from the candled 3rd titled called Fear Effect: Inferno.

Remasters are going to become a BIG thing in the next few years, I think the success of Crash Bandicoot really to the industry by surprise. I for one am all for it if they put that much love into the product. But I want to ask you what one game from say the PS1/PS2 Era would you like to see Remastered/ReMade? I'm asking you to think of a title which will benefit from the technical leaps of the generations ahead of its release, so not just choosing your favourite game   Some game which may not have succeeded may have had a great concept which is waiting to be Re-realised. I am still thinking on this topic myself so I will comeback to this later but just wanted to put forward the question upon this news of Fear Effect, which I am thrilled to hear about.

-------------------------

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...
Support Shenmue III's KickStarter!: https://shenmue.link/order/?en

Aug 21 at 1:38:25 PM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois
I would love to see a remake of Tomb Raider II. I know that some people didn't enjoy the remake of the original, but overall, I thought TR Anniversary had more good than bad. I would love to see the levels from II with updated graphics. I would be happy with either a 1:1 remake or a re-imagining.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Edited: 08/21/2017 at 01:38 PM by TDIRunner

Aug 21 at 2:15:30 PM
JCE3000GT (3)
(J E) < Kratos >
Texas
I suppose I'd like to see the original Battle Arena Toshinden remade on the PS4/XBOX One. That is as long as the Japanese release's music is what is remasteted because the North American release's music sucks.

After that maybe Final Fantasy Tactics.

I'm looking for the below FF12's for the PS2, PM me if you can help!

SCAJ-20188: International - Zodiac Job System (HK/SG)
SCKA-20073: Original release (KR)
SCKA-20138: International - Zodiac Job System Ultimate Hits (KR)

Aug 21 at 5:16:38 PM
waflznsyrup (0)
< Klonoa >
California
I hate to say that I would buy a remaster from konami of mgs 3 if they had the graphics from mgs v.

I also know too many people with ps4's that have never played god of war before and are waiting for the new one to come out. They should make another gow collection of 1&2 with gow 3 remastered graphics on PS4. This way people could play the trilogy on PS4

Aug 21 at 11:34:01 PM
Soera (163)
< Cloud >
Oklahoma
First and foremost, I really hope that Ni no Kuni gets a PS4 version to go with the upcoming release. Same with most of the Ys titles.

Id faint if a DQ collection was released. 1-9 all on one disk /swoon. Id double faint if there was also a Phantasy star collection.

Last but not least I really hope the rumored FF 30th anniversary collection happens. That would be amaze.

Aug 22 at 12:02:47 AM
JCE3000GT (3)
(J E) < Kratos >
Texas
Originally posted by: Soera

First and foremost, I really hope that Ni no Kuni gets a PS4 version to go with the upcoming release. Same with most of the Ys titles.

Id faint if a DQ collection was released. 1-9 all on one disk /swoon. Id double faint if there was also a Phantasy star collection.

Last but not least I really hope the rumored FF 30th anniversary collection happens. That would be amaze.
I would literally die if that Final Fantasy 30th collection happens but this year IS the official 30th anniversary of the Japanese release of the original on the Famicom so not likely?  

Aug 22 at 5:39:14 AM
Killer64 (0)
< Klonoa >
I only have one word in response to your question.

Xenogears.

Aug 22 at 6:03:50 AM
TheSuberMedic (0)
< Bandicoot >
England
Silent Hill 2...

Aug 22 at 9:09:38 AM
Soera (163)
< Cloud >
Oklahoma
I just thought of the greatest thing that could ever happen. Similar to the Mega man legacy collection v1 and v2, there absolutely needs to be a working designs series. Oh man ... the idea of this would just excite the hell out of me.

Aug 22 at 5:09:31 PM
PlayStationPromoGame (0)

< Kratos >
GTA San Andreas but without removing all the bugs and glitches from the original.  

My PlayStation YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGQ5DjIaFia14u8M75X0WIg

My PlayStation Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/Playstationpromogames-1623875209937...

Same content on both sites: - PlayStation Discs for buying, selling or trading

Happy Gaming and Collecting! :)

Aug 24 at 3:46:39 AM
Meek Gaijin (0)
(Dan Meeks) < Bandicoot >
Illinois
I would love to see the nightmare creature games given to From Software and remade into a souls type game series.

Aug 26 at 2:45:45 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Fitting for the subject matter:

I've neevr actually played Secret of Mana, so this will be a wonderful game to get - From what I gather the only physical edition will be in Japan. But odlly enough I'm surprised this is on PS4 & Vita. With the 3DS's history of Dragon Quest Remakes i'd of thought this would have gone hand in hand with that consoles line up - Not complaining by anymeans, I'll take a PS4 compilation of them Dragon Quest Remakes on PS4 too  

Play-Asia Link - http://www.play-asia.com/seiken-d...

Edited: 08/26/2017 at 03:14 AM by Vivi-gamer

Aug 26 at 1:08:41 PM
JCE3000GT (3)
(J E) < Kratos >
Texas
You beat me to it. I was posting this on as many forums as I could. I love Seiken Densetsu 2 / Secret of Mana so I wanted to spread the love!

I really hope the west gets a physical release... I hate digital only games. The artwork is just too good to not have a physical release. And if this becomes a Limited Run Games release in the future I'll fucking be pissed off because it'll be impossible to get it because of their crappy business practices.

Aug 26 at 9:35:54 PM
Dangerboy (0)
(Jason Dvorak) < Cloud >
Illinois
Jumping Goddamn Flash.
Toshinden 1 but done as a high res, 2D fighter. Somewhere between Street Fighter 3 and Guilty Gear.

Aug 27 at 9:35:00 AM
JCE3000GT (3)
(J E) < Kratos >
Texas
Originally posted by: Dangerboy

Jumping Goddamn Flash.
Toshinden 1 but done as a high res, 2D fighter. Somewhere between Street Fighter 3 and Guilty Gear.
Jumping Flash was such a great game!  Almost no one now has even heard of it.  I play the hell out of that demo for it.  I wish I had it but I think its expensive now...

Aug 27 at 6:55:02 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Well I t hink this annoucnement blwos the competition out of the water for me:

What is important about this release is that now we have a remake of the first 2 titles, it means the series is completely accessible on HD systems - PS3/PS4! Going back to Y1&2 can be toufh mostly due to the PS2's pre-day display so this makes all the titles accessible and enjoyable!

Beyond that if I had to choose... Maybe Dino Crisis Capcom have been on a roll with Remastering their games (I have 5 of them on PS4  ) and I reckon with the populaity of Jurrassic World still this would be a hit.

Aug 28 at 9:39:42 PM
KaiserFoxHD (0)
< Bandicoot >
Florida
I think I might be the only one who actually cared about this game, and it's one of my favorite games of all time on the PS2 and it's Freedom Fighters. The amount of choice you had in that game was awesome, and I would love to see that game updated and or remastered. Just not remastered into a first person shooter, that would kill me.

Aug 29 at 9:49:50 AM
mikezilla2 (1)

< Kratos >
This will be interesting indeed

Sep 03 at 2:56:10 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Another week, another ReMaster announced  

I knew I said too expect more but this is getting a bit wild now   Regardless, could be interesting  

Sep 03 at 9:36:06 PM
waflznsyrup (0)
< Klonoa >
California
wow this is gonna be sick!
i never played nightmare creatures but it is one I have been after on PS1

Sep 12 at 5:08:33 PM
MeteorBear (0)
< Bandicoot >
Warhammer Shadow of the Horned Rat, and dont say the new Total War title is anything like it. SotHR and its sequel Dark Omen were amazing games and I think the only realtime simulation of any wargame.
Panzer Front was amazing too and theres not really been anything like it since. It was realistic enough to be believable yet they didnt let themselves be bogged down in realism, the perfect mix to me.

I would also say Tomb Raider, since the latest reboots are Tomb Raider games in name only.

Thats great about Nightmare Creatures annoucment, I had that game when I was a teenager and liked it, even if it was a bit lacking.

Sep 15 at 3:21:05 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
Paul F (10)
(PlayStation 2 ) < Tron Bonne >
England
I would love a full HD release of Vandal Hearts, such a great strategy game  

A bit of an odd one but I would pay quite a lot of money for remake of Championship Manager 2

In terms of announced i can't wait for FFVII

Come visit www.playstationage.com -  your Nintendo Age username and password will let you in

Sep 15 at 10:39:58 AM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Paul F

I would love a full HD release of Vandal Hearts, such a great strategy game  

I would love to see that as well.  Although, I'm one of the few who enjoys the graphics of the original. Most people seem to think it's pretty ugly.  

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Sep 17 at 4:42:45 AM
kamakaze_ekun (5)
< Kratos >
Michigan
I can think of one...

SEEKING COPIES OF THE FOLLOWING TITLES
Mario Kart: Double Dash (GC) | Luigi's Mansion (GC) | Mario Sunshine (GC) | Secret of Mana (Snes) | Breath of Fire (Snes) | Kirby Superstar (Snes)

Sep 17 at 2:14:44 PM
hammerfestus (7)
< Kratos >
Ohio
I'd like to see a remastered final fantasy tactics. One of my top 5 games of all time easy and arguably the best title in the final fantasy franchise.

Ooh ooh ooh while I'm at it, how about a remastered castlevania sotn.