Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

What are you playing this week? Tell us the games you are enjoying (or not enjoying!) this week

Sep 26 at 7:03:44 PM
MeteorBear (0)
< Kratos >
I tried the search function but either I cant add 40 plus 2 properly or its not working right for me, so if there is a similar thread I apologize.

I recently started playing Carnage Heart and thoroughly enjoying it. It feels intimidating at first but it the whole thing works very well at baby stepping you into the game. 

Edited: 09/29/2019 at 10:36 PM by MeteorBear

Sep 29 at 10:35:58 PM
MeteorBear (0)
< Kratos >
Shadow of the Collossus PS3

I played this around release, and in typical fashion then I did not read the manual. I thought you had to find the Collossi through the clues you get after beating the previous one. Needless to say some of the clues sucked but I loved the idea, and the exploration. I also didnt know that you could shoot fruit off of trees to help your health, and shoot tails off silver lizards to increase your grip time, these two things have added a little purpose to the exploration for me. I like the cycle of play, explore and admire the scenery, ride your horse, then fight a collossus. If the game was just fighting the collossi I would have far less interest in the game, but I love the roaming about on a horse in a beautiful and mysterious land.

Tail of the Sun
Another Artdink title. Ive wanted to play this for years but always wary because of the varying reviews. Im enjoying it a lot. Its a simple exploration game with a huge land mass and no map. Still havent found a mammoth, which is probably for the best since Im still only advanced enough to use a stick. This is a perfect complimentry game to Artdinks Carnage Heart which is the opposite of simple and quite the brain burner.

Sep 30 at 11:03:17 AM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
SOTC is still one of my all time favorites. If you enjoyed the PS3 remaster, I highly recommend the PS4 remake. While it was rebuilt from the ground up, it's still the same overall layout. There are also a few new things added that make exploration even more fun. As beautiful as the world was in the PS3 version, the PS4 version is even more amazing.

-------------------------

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Oct 01 at 10:41:34 AM
MeteorBear (0)
< Kratos >
Originally posted by: TDIRunner

SOTC is still one of my all time favorites. If you enjoyed the PS3 remaster, I highly recommend the PS4 remake. While it was rebuilt from the ground up, it's still the same overall layout. There are also a few new things added that make exploration even more fun. As beautiful as the world was in the PS3 version, the PS4 version is even more amazing.

I will have to check it out! I love the game too, and felt it could have been a little more than what it was with better controls and some added exploration. 

Played some more SotC
This and Demon's Souls and the first Dark Souls are the only game I can think of that employ some sort of bright washout efffect when horizons get to big, I assume so the engine can handle larger enviroments. 
I love the horse in this game, its the best ever done in video games. It feels like you are playing a character trying to control a sentient creature. The horse will run through a winding ravine without running into walls or you touching your controller. This gives you a chance to relax and take in the surroundings while the horse drives. Ive made a game out climbing to the top of every save shrine and trying to jump onto the back of the horse  

My grip strenght is getting pretty good, I can now climb about 2/3rds the way up the side of the castle. Ive never been up there or knew it existed till I wathced this neat video on the group that tried riding eagles to the very top of the castle for years on end. 

Tail of the Sun
So I read to the end of the manual, where they give you two maps lol. Ive found mammoths and my tribe has gotten very big. Now Im slowing building my tusk ladder to the sun and looking for secret places. The manual hints at a few interesting things, and there are islands far off the continent to find. 

Oct 01 at 2:22:47 PM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
Yeah, you need your stamina just about maxed out in order to reach the top of the shrine unless you use one of the exploits, and honestly, I don't remember if the exploit works on PS3, or just the original PS2 version.

If you are playing the PS3 version, you will know if you max out your stamina because you will get a trophy for it.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Oct 02 at 8:44:26 AM
MeteorBear (0)
< Kratos >
Heres that video I was talking about TDI.
The new SotC looks amazing btw, thanks for the recommend.

Oct 02 at 2:15:31 PM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
That video was interesting. I was aware of the search for the 7th Colossi and I was aware of the hidden basement in the remake, but this still added a lot of info that I didn't know about. This makes me want to play through it again.

Since you are playing the PS3 version, did you play Ico at all? Most people don't enjoy it as much as SOTC, but I loved the game nearly as much if not more so. I would love to see a PS4 remake in the same style as SOTC on PS4.

Oct 09 at 10:03:46 AM
MeteorBear (0)
< Kratos >
Ico is one of those game I wanted to like more than I did. Its good, but I dont play it often and have a hard time getting into it.

Torneko- the last hope
Been playing this for the first time. A mysterious dungeon game set in the Dragon Warrior universe. I love the graphics and have been wanting to get into mysterious dungeon genre. Its hard than I thought it would be, but satisfiying as you learn to survive. Akira Toriyama's monster designs are a highlight, even if they are a bit too small to appreciate fully. I know of most game for the PS1, but the later years, after the PS1 came out I find all kinds of stuff I have never heard of, like this little gem. Music is outstanding.

Oct 09 at 3:58:44 PM
estepan (0)

< Bandicoot >
The same thing for me too, I have trouble with the game Ico