Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

PS1 game prices

Jul 05 at 12:10:57 AM
MeteorBear (0)
< Kratos >
I feel like PS1 prices have gotten pretty inflated the last few years. Ive lost a few bids to resaleers with huge feedback numbers recently who are just going to double the price and slap it back on Ebay. It doesnt particularly make me angry, just apethetic to collecting. 
The pricing is getting ridiculous enough that Im thinking about finding a different hobby. Anyone else ever feel like this? 

Jul 05 at 2:07:21 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
I certainly have. Not to Nintendo level but the bigger issue I find is getting games which aren't scratched to £$%&! - Sellers stating the item is in 'Very Good' condition and then being tremendously dissapointed when the game arrives.

It is unfortunate as there are a few games out there I have my eye on but the price is just too high for my liking - Kingsley's Adventure comes to mind.

-------------------------

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]

Jul 05 at 2:35:51 PM
MeteorBear (0)
< Kratos >
Its gotten where most games I have left to get that I really want are somewhat expensive. Im out of work and waiting on back surgery, which cant happen until I finish probably another year of osteoporosis medicine, so fun money is limited and mostly comes from selling old junk on Ebay.
Anyhow, its annoying when speculators move in on a niche hobby. I remember the same thing happening in the early 90's for comic books here in the states. Prices shot up even though supply was higher than it had ever been.

Edited: 07/05/2018 at 02:39 PM by MeteorBear

Jul 06 at 8:20:12 PM
motordead (1)
< Kratos >
Portugal
I definitely feel like that everytime I see eBay prices and more specifically local 2nd hand websites asking ridiculous prices for fairly available games..

PlayStation PAL Completionist - SEGA Mega Drive & Saturn Collector
Proud player of NES, SNES, SEGA Mega Drive, SEGA Saturn, SONY PlayStation, Nintendo 64, SEGA Dreamcast, SONY PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube

Always on the lookout for: Press Kits, Limited Editions, Rare CIB Hardware, Store Promo Items - Up for trades! Send PM

Jul 07 at 3:18:45 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: motordead

I definitely feel like that everytime I see eBay prices and more specifically local 2nd hand websites asking ridiculous prices for fairly available games..
This is something has been far more apparent to me, even pawn stores often price compare now which irritates me as before they'd always set their prices without acknowledgement - It's how I got many crafty deals  

There is a local independent game store which I refuse to go to because every single item they had was overpriced, I have a good idea on what should be through frequent eBay scroll and I found msyelf so frustrated with it.

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]

Jul 07 at 12:20:55 PM
waflznsyrup (0)
< Kratos >
California
Yes this is true. The prices at the goodwill thrift stores in my neighborhood have skyrocketed. Its to the point where thrifting isn't even a deal anymore.

At least I'm safe inside my mind

Jul 11 at 4:02:13 PM
hammerfestus (8)
< Kratos >
Ohio
I don’t know.  It could be worse.  I mean there’s just a handful of titles that go for more than $150.  Sure prices have really increased over the last couple of years but this was to be expected as PS1 came into its own as a collectible system.    

I sure would like to have had a bit more time circa 2014/15 when you could really snag some stellar deals but it is what it is.  On the one hand it makes my hopes for a full set seem like a pipe dream but at the same time it’s kind of cool seeing how much more the stuff I have is worth than what I paid for it.

Jul 11 at 5:10:28 PM
friedeje191 (20)

< Bandicoot >
I agree, it could be worse. I still find deals on ebay for half off the suggested value on BIN for some popular ps1 titles. Also good bulk deals too. It's a fun library to collect for as there are so many cool games to discover for it. Same for the ps2.