Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Xbox one x Project scorpio

Aug 24 at 9:54:39 AM
Slim Jim (0)

< Bandicoot >
Western Australia
Did anyone go for it?  I put a preorder on one, and got instant buyers remorse .  My ps4 collection is well away from what I like and my coppers should be trying to pay off what that has cost me as it is.

Mind you a look on eBay made me feel a bit better - even by their standard the prices are overly stupid.

i didn't know much about it, seemingly got lucky as I like getting consoles but is it that rare?

Aug 24 at 9:58:34 AM
Soera (163)
< Cloud >
Oklahoma
Xbox is garbage. This one is going to be no different. Its not going to be rare. Its just people buying it upon release. Every single console was like that.

Aug 24 at 10:26:11 AM
Slim Jim (0)

< Bandicoot >
Western Australia
Of course Xbox is rubbish, very much like the company that makes them  

but no, the project Scorpio edition, is not the standard Xbox one X, it's a limited edition.  Other than that I know nothing.  Not sure if it will be like the 2tb White Xbox one s which was limited and released before the standard model...

I suppose I could google it to find out  

Aug 24 at 12:53:03 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Honestly not interested, the Xbox One has tanked since launch. It's not had any substantial exclusives for the past 2 years! While PS4 has only gotten stronger, so many interesting exclusives this year which really makes the console stand out. I still don't even understand what the Scorpio is trying to be. The PS4 Pro gives slight enhancements, but the specs of the Scorpio hint at a next gen jump... But it isn't... But I don't care I am very content with my PS4 and have been since 2015 stride of practically a unique AAA title each month.

-------------------------

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...
Support Shenmue III's KickStarter!: https://shenmue.link/order/?en

Aug 25 at 8:40:29 AM
PlayStationPromoGame (0)

< Kratos >
I have the feeling, this is not the right topic for this forum.  

My PlayStation YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGQ5DjIaFia14u8M75X0WIg

My PlayStation Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/Playstationpromogames-1623875209937...

Same content on both sites: - PlayStation Discs for buying, selling or trading

Happy Gaming and Collecting! :)

Aug 25 at 9:15:01 AM
Slim Jim (0)

< Bandicoot >
Western Australia
Originally posted by: PlayStationPromoGame

I have the feeling, this is not the right topic for this forum.  

Got a feeling your feeling is spot on, which is kinda sad.  I have very close ties with Sony, but my goal is to build a collection of modern day tech to hand down to my little ones.  After my post I did some reading and for what it is worth it seems this purchase will be only behind a few of my things for rarity.  

Aug 25 at 3:05:02 PM
kennyrh (0)
(Kenny ) < Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
I think Microsoft are flogging a dead horse - and I mean that in the definition of flogging as "selling" rather than beating to death. Although either definition would probably be appropriate. The world needs an "improved" X-Bone as much as it needs an increase in starving people. I only bought one to play the Forza franchise (which i couldn't live without) and that's about all I've played on it which speaks volumes really.

Just troll the net and almost everybody - except the rabid fanboys - will inform you that the machine is a fail because of lack of exclusives. So why would anybody expect the "new improved" version to be any different. Go back to planning Windows 15 Microsoft because the console business has quietly passed you by.

Aug 28 at 11:38:42 PM
KaiserFoxHD (0)
< Bandicoot >
Florida
To this day I still don't know what the new xbox even is, I mean I have a rough idea but, was it really worth the money making? It almost feels like Microsoft is trying to save a sinking ship. Well not sinking but it does feel like the xbox division is flooding. My only thing is, I hope they stick around and get there things in order, that way it keeps sony on their toes, that way we still get quality projects out of Sony all together.

Sep 02 at 1:47:04 PM
De_Reyman (1)
< Chrono Crosser >
Netherlands
Ah, seems there are lots of PlayStation fans over here. Anyway, I also like Xbox very much and am glad to be one of the two people in the list of my town's regular video game retailer who is going to get a Project Scorpio Edition. Very excited! ^^

Sep 05 at 7:32:29 AM
Slim Jim (0)

< Bandicoot >
Western Australia
Originally posted by: De_Reyman

Ah, seems there are lots of PlayStation fans over here. Anyway, I also like Xbox very much and am glad to be one of the two people in the list of my town's regular video game retailer who is going to get a Project Scorpio Edition. Very excited! ^^

Interesting, your local store only got 2 of them...  You must have jumped on that one pretty quickly to be on that list?

Sep 05 at 11:04:49 AM
kennyrh (0)
(Kenny ) < Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: De_Reyman

Ah, seems there are lots of PlayStation fans over here.

Well I'm not one of the Sony fanboys so I call 'em as I see 'em. The X-Bone has nothing for me besides Forza and that is a shocking indictment of a 4-year-old console. The fact that I prefer to play multi-platform games on my PS4 is a lifestyle choice and not because I hate Microsoft.

So what's left . . . .? What would convince me to buy a Scorpio ?

Sep 05 at 11:32:21 AM
Soera (163)
< Cloud >
Oklahoma
Im a Sony fanboi. I dont mind admitting it. I also drive that Xbox hatetrain so there's that as well.

There is no reason anyone should ever purchase an Xbox unless you are that deadset on playing Halo/Forza/Gears of War/Rare games. There are a couple of other very sparce titles that only appear on there (Cuphead looks pretty damned cool) but compared to the massive amount of exclusives (not to mention places like LRG/SRG/Play Asia making physical games for Sony systems only) its a no-brainer.

I just had this discussion yesterday with a co-worker who was trying to tell me about his Xbox One. In the end, he realized that the only thing on it that he likes more than PS4 is the voice commands. So I basically convinced him that PS4 is the superior machine.

Sep 13 at 3:01:11 PM
MeteorBear (0)
< Bandicoot >
The original Xbox had some great exclusives like Arx Fatalis, Morrowind, Thief and Halo. I dont really care for the generations after that.