Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

I've been leading up to buying an Xbox 360 Replacement version for some PS2 games too.

Jul 10 at 8:57:38 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've been looking into getting an Xbox 360 for quite some time now. They're at a price which is pretty appealing and I think I've finally found a local system bundle which will start me off nicely.

Current Xbox/360 titles

Why the sudden interest you may ask? At first my inital interest came from certain 360 exclusives, Lost Odyssey, Fable, Alan Wake and a fair few others, but recently what has been appealing to me is the Backwards Compatiblity of the Xbox One - Original Xbox One games becoming more valuable again. With this in mind I've been caually looking when I have some free time here and there and have been picking some up for the last few months - Got a cracking deal at a chairty shop just a few weeks ago.

I've really been scrolling through the line up on 360, if you remember it came at an interesting period where it was competing with the PS2 before the release of the PS3, so with this timeline you got ports which were HD enhanced on the 360 - Like Gun, Tony Hawks: American Wasteland, Disney's Cars (I like it...) and Call of Duty 2 & Burnout Paradise to note a few - No hard hitters like God of War 2 or Final Fantasy XII but interesting that they had the superior versions of certain games.

I am still having difficulties in regards to having a good method to play my PS2 games, yes i have a backwards compatible PS3 but it sounds like an airplane lifting within 5 minutes of use. What's also interesting is that the 360 is backwards compatible with a lot of the Original Xbox games - games like Silent Hill 4: The Room, Project Zero, Simpsons Hit & Run, Crash Twinsanity, Star Wars Battlefront 2 a few examples of games I would normally play on my PS2 if it were an option but with the Backwards compatibility of the 360 makes it a much more viable option. Then of course ontop of that you have Original Xbox exclusives like Dead or Alive 3, Fable, Shenmue II, Phantom Crash & SW: Knights of the Old Republic - It's seeming like a really appealing option right now.

Of course, thereis the question - Why not go for an Xbox One/X? I've looked at that and the main reason simply is it has nothing to offer me that this 360 can't already do. It has no exclusives and most of the games that are backwards compatible are on the 360 - Which screening on a 1080p HDTV is fine for my setup.

So I should be getting one by the end of the week, I'm pretty intruiged to see where this goes and if it will be worth it in the long run.

-------------------------

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]

Edited: 07/10/2018 at 09:19 AM by Vivi-gamer

Jul 10 at 3:03:38 PM
motordead (1)
< Kratos >
Portugal
You have all those Xbox 360 games and no console to play it?

PlayStation PAL Completionist - SEGA Mega Drive & Saturn Collector
Proud player of NES, SNES, SEGA Mega Drive, SEGA Saturn, SONY PlayStation, Nintendo 64, SEGA Dreamcast, SONY PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube

Always on the lookout for: Press Kits, Limited Editions, Rare CIB Hardware, Store Promo Items - Up for trades! Send PM

Jul 11 at 4:21:22 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
... ... ... Uh huhs! Hehe, been gathering odd games here and there for a few years but it's mainly this year I ahve seriously been considering it - really struck lucky with half of them original Xbox games being from a charity store. I'm hoping to have a chap bring over the console tomorrow - It's a basic 4gb Slim Model but I've already got a 500gb HDD set for it.

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]

Jul 11 at 5:50:39 PM
TDIRunner (15)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Vivi-gamer

... ... ... Uh huhs! Hehe, been gathering odd games here and there for a few years but it's mainly this year I ahve seriously been considering it - really struck lucky with half of them original Xbox games being from a charity store. I'm hoping to have a chap bring over the console tomorrow - It's a basic 4gb Slim Model but I've already got a 500gb HDD set for it.

That's the same model that I have.  I just have a small USB stick plugged into it for extra storage.  Oddly enough, it's the only system in my collection that I acquired through marriage.  It was my wife's before we were married.  She got it as a Christmas present because she wanted to use the Kinect with all of the different dancing games.  I've purchased a small hand full of games for it that I was interested in, but I hardly ever use it.  It's certainly seen more hours as a Netflix streaming box than anything else.  The Forza series is great if you are into racing.  

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Jul 13 at 2:55:49 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Well I got it!:

Xbox Slim Console, 2 controllers, Kinnect, 20 games and Dinsye Infinity & Skylanders toys for £40... Pretty stoked!

Tested my Xbox games, the only one I was suprised didn't work was Project Zero as it is on the list.

Edited: 07/13/2018 at 02:56 AM by Vivi-gamer

Jul 13 at 5:47:29 PM
waflznsyrup (0)
< Kratos >
California
Nice! I am still gonna get a 360 myself. Used to have one and sold it way back before I even thought about collecting games. I love racing games and there's a good one called import tuner challenge on 360 you should check out if you like racing games. It might be called something else for PAL version though. Also left for dead 1 and 2 is a multiplayer must. So fun!

At least I'm safe inside my mind